Tuesday 29 July 2014

Sweet potato, onion and celery soup


Last Monday I went round my friends flat and she offered to cook me lunch after I was finished at the gym, which was very kind. She wanted something light, as did I really because I was going out for dinner in the evening. Luna offered to make me a soup. I offered to get the ingredients for her to cook with including some whole meal 60g rolls (remember I'm on Slimming World guys!). So I picked up sweet potatoes and onions and she made me some soup! I absolutely fell in with it, it was tasty so I decided so make my own version!

Ingredients:

  • Frylight
  • 2 big sweet potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • Celery sticks
  • 2 vegetable stock cubes
  • 1 pint of water
  • Salt and pepper for seasoning
 I chopped up the onion (with many tears!), peeled the sweet potatoes and the celery, fried the onions and celery off in frylight in a large sauce pan, added the chopped sweet potato. Boil the kettle, measure out a pint of hot water and add 2 vegetable stock cubes. Once they have dissolved, add to the sauce pan and turn the heating down to a medium heat and wait until the sweet potato is soft. Then I blitzed it with an electric hand blender until it was a thick creamy soup!


Before and after

This will do at least 3 portions so I will take some to work, some for my mother for her lunch tomorrow if she would like it and its entirely syn free on Extra Easy and Green plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment